The Best Laid Plans…

Do I even remember how to blog???

A couple months ago, I had this great burst of inspiration. I was finally going to settle into a blogging routine. I scheduled time to write and when to publish posts. I wasn’t going to wait for my muse to motivate me. I was going to chase after my muse until she submitted!

That time I did a blog schedule.

The plan was that from July, I’d start posting twice weekly in addition to One-Liner Wednesdays. I was also on the lookout for any other weekly challenges that might tickle my fancy and have the potential to become a staple on the blog. Ha! My muse is probably in a corner laughing while slurping copious amounts of vodka.

In the blink of an eye, I took on a new job opportunity, yielded myself to a daily four-hour commute, tropical storm Bret knocked the life out of my modem (it is yet to recover satisfactorily or be replaced by my service provider), and I relapsed into my $0.00 Kindle e-book addiction. Who has time to blog?!

Today, my muse can do whatever she wants ‘cause I ain’t out here looking for her. All I aspire to do is put my feet up, sip my tea, catch up on the blogs from the fantastic Big Up Your Blog! group, and maybe a little later, I’ll lay down for an hour and be very still, like an insect playing dead…or maybe I could be an adult and finish that travel tag I said I’d do…#nopressure.

Let the chips fall where they may.

1. 16th July 2017 / 4:07 pm

Sometimes you have to stop for a while and take in some creative energy—read, rest, live—and sometimes you have to write about how you want to write more to jolt yourself back into the habit of writing. You can’t always be writing, or you’d never have anything to write about, and you can’t never be writing because you’d be unhappy. Find your balance; we’ll be here 😉

• 16th July 2017 / 4:58 pm

Absolutely! Balance in all things. #greatadvice

2. 16th July 2017 / 1:39 pm

I was wondering where you’d got to. Congrats on the job. And I shall be reading whatever and whenever you choose to post!

• 16th July 2017 / 2:13 pm

Thanks! I still want to get a bit of a routine going, just so the blog doesn’t seem like dead space to first time visitors. This might be my last shot at Internet fame. Ha!

3. josypheen
    16th July 2017 / 1:30 pm

No pressure!
    Sometimes it’s good to have a break, relax with tea and read. We’ll all be here when inspiration and time comes back! 😉

• 16th July 2017 / 2:11 pm

Yay! Glad to know my pals will still be around even if I post almost never. 🙂

4. 16th July 2017 / 1:11 pm

I’ve fallen down many a book hole in my days, and quite frankly it’s not a bad place to be!! Any good books?

• 16th July 2017 / 2:10 pm

Most of the $0.00 books tend to be passable romance that can be read in a day…haven’t discovered any works of art just yet. 🙂

• 16th July 2017 / 11:16 pm

I’ve read so many of the free cozies and mysteries available on Kobo and while none of them have knocked my socks off, they do offer a little bit of escape. I started getting emails from Book Bub and am now downloading 3-7 books a week, and paying less than $2 CAD per book if they aren’t free- now I have about 70 books waiting for from there alone!

• 17th July 2017 / 8:30 am

“Escape” explains it. Most of the books are light hearted or easy to read. That’s why I like to have them on hand. I have to check in with Amazon tonight and download a few more. I’ve never really looked into Kobo… ☺

• 17th July 2017 / 8:33 am

I went with Kobo because when I got my ereader in 2011, Kobo’s library in Canada was much bigger than Kindle’s! I think they are much more on par now 🙂