It Is I!

Yes, I’m alive. My to-do list is insane. My things-to-think-about list is even crazier.

I inhaled and September is gone.

It hasn’t been easy to focus on completing the drafts of blog posts on my machine. Some days, my thoughts don’t connect well enough to form pretty sentences for you kind folks to read.

Between the doing and the thinking, I am was exhausted. Then, the convergence of a series of events, both natural and spiritual, forced me to stop. I stopped the doing and the thinking and I literally allowed God to take control as I stepped back and watched Him work in my life. As you can imagine, this has freed up a bit of my time.

My newfound and glorious spare time is spent reading while sipping tea. I’m 623 pages into this 900-page tale:

insomnia-by-stephen-king

I am so in love with my raven from Stonehenge. That has nothing to do with this post, but I thought you should know. 🙂

I can’t wait to browse the shelves of my favourite book store for my next read!

Do you have any “must read” book recommendations? Let me know below. Thanks!

1. noellekelly
    20th June 2017 / 4:11 pm

I hope you’re finding some suggestions in our little group!

• 20th June 2017 / 5:38 pm

Oh yes, the trouble is that my “to read” list is now wayyyyy longer than my “read” list. Ha!

2. 13th December 2016 / 11:39 pm

Oh I love this! I swear this is me. My to do lists have to do lists. I have so many intentions for my blog but here lately nothing is connecting. My problem is overthinking instead of allowing things to unfold organically while I just enjoy the moments.

• Melissa
      13th December 2016 / 11:52 pm

I improved greatly in the overthinking department this year. I’m aiming to do even better in 2017. Overthinking ruins so many wonderful experiences.

3. 29th November 2016 / 2:06 pm

Thanks for the reminder that I also need to stop and let God in more. The holidays are here and it’s hard to not let the busy days overcome and overwhelm. This year has seriously flown by, to a point that is scary for me. I think I need to stop and smell the roses again. Did you finish this book? Is it good? I think I need some Stephen King in my life!

• Melissa
      29th November 2016 / 2:33 pm

More and more I find that I have to lean on God. For everything! I’m letting Him do the work and I’m growing in faith. I finished Insomnia. It wasn’t as scary as I was expecting but the beauty of the book for me was in the message about ageing (the protagonist is a retired widower).

• 29th November 2016 / 2:40 pm

I need to more often. Sometimes I let life get in the way. And then I realize very quickly that I’m not in control! That book sounds interesting, I need to make more time for peace and quiet, so maybe I’ll give it a go!

• Melissa
          29th November 2016 / 2:55 pm

Giving up my “control” is the hardest part of all. Let me know what you think of the book.